Thursday, June 4, 2015

Trust the Mess

"Trust the mess and the not knowing. This is the real part...the most interesting part."
I found an aceo art piece on Etsy, and as soon as I read those words, I knew this art was meant for me.

To think, when the artist was creating this piece, she had no idea about the story behind the person who would soon purchase it. Me, so gracefully broken and searching for healing, found stillness in her art. These words stopped my racing mind, my anxiety was calmed momentarily and love was beating from my chest.

...the real part...the most interesting part.

I have a counseling appointment today, and as difficult as these sessions can be, and even with the dreadful anxiety I experience in the hours leading up to our meeting, I now see this is the real part, and my journey is the most interesting part.

No comments:

Post a Comment