Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Where's God?

In my growing contentment, I find myself asking, "Where's God?"

I do not ask this because I find Him absent; rather, I find myself absent. When I read back on my blog posts, He was my center. These days, I am not doing the Christian reading or writing or journaling I was doing not that long ago. Where am I placing God in my life? Why am I not putting Him first?

I say prayers and give thanks while I pass through my day, but this isn't enough; I know this for sure. I wouldn't want God to wave hello to me in passing and move on with His day. I need His time and love and attention. Isn't this the same for Him? Does He miss me? Has He led me to write this post? Does God ever ask Himself, "Where's Kristin?"

1 comment:

  1. I'm a stranger who stumbled onto your blog this morning as I googled "The Inner Voice of Love by Henri Noewen". I don't know you and I don't know your story, other than having just read a few entries. But I do know that God is so much bigger than "Christian" activities. Christ is there in all the good things happening in and through you these days. It may sound cliche, but he is there in every smile from a stranger, every beauty you behold, every drop of water you receive. He delights in your joy. And you join him every time you offer kindness, goodness, love, and beauty to others. So don't just say hello but enjoy the warmth of his embrace while you are right where you are. You don't need to go find a Christian activity to find Christ.
    By the way, thanks for posting. I found God in your writing. And in the Sol Seppy song you introduced to me. :-)

    ReplyDelete