Sunday, May 15, 2011

I Just Want to be Great

There is so much I want to accomplish that I don't know where to start. I have many projects at work that have needed to be completed for a long time, and it looks like I'm the one to make it happen. I have the ability to take my programs and assignments to a whole new level. But again, I don't know where to begin.

I think I need to jump right in. I also need to be consistent in my work efforts, and the only excuse for inconsistency is because my effort is increasing. I think the main reason I feel so down when I miss work is because I know I am living below my potential. And speaking of potential, The Donald (Donald Trump) made a comment on a recent episode of Celebrity Apprentice that I really took to. Having "potential" isn't always a good thing. To have the potential to be great essentially means you are not yet great. You are not performing and getting results in the here and now.

I think of myself and my life. And...I have a lot of potential, and to be quite honest, it's weighing me down. I want to get rid of my potential and transform it into greatness. I want to blow the socks off my boss and build up my portfolio, I want to be fit and toned and tan, I want to have a clean, organized home, I want to read and write regularly, and I want good relationships... I just want to be great, at everything. Are there enough hours in the day to do it all, and to do it all great?

And if I'm not great at everything, what does that say about me? What will I say about me?

No comments:

Post a Comment