Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Snuggie Ain't Got Nothin' On Jesus

It's hump day, and it's almost freezing.  Thirty-seven degrees to be exact.  Yes, it's getting warmer as the day progresses.  No, this does not make me any less cold at the moment.  I regret all of the times I made fun of Snuggies.  I get it now.  Snuggie, I get you.

I awoke with less dread for the day and more pep for the day to come.  I still had the instinct to bury back under the covers hidden beneath the hundreds of doubts and fears that loomed above my head. 

But, I got up.  I went downstairs and started a pot of coffee.  I visited with my roommate and we coordinated rent and utility payments.  I fed and watered my dog.  I enjoyed a warm mug of coffee next to our decorated Christmas tree.  

Jesus, I am so thankful for your birth.  Think what this world would be without You; think what I would be without You.  Your love is endless; your grace is truly amazing.  Thank you, thank you, thank you; Help me, help me, help me. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kristin, it is always wonderful to remember gratitude, isn't it? No matter what, I end each day with my 'gratefuls' which I was taught to do early in recovery. It keeps me humble and focused--to remember all that I have and to be thankful for that.

    Take care,

    Melinda

    ReplyDelete