Tuesday, September 14, 2010

God has blessed me with hope.

So many happy things are going on in my life. Yes, happy.

I have begun my journey in India alongside Liz in Eat, Pray, Love (EPL, as my counselor says). This book is awesome! I am gaining so much terrific insight. Most amazingly, all of the pesky, painful negative things that I hate so much about myself and that surely no one else on earth ever has to deal with...well, she experiences these things, too. So, I guess that makes two of us. I have many passages that I'd like to share with you, passages that have granted me "ah-ha" moments, so be looking out for that post soon.

Job searching, (specifically presenting my qualities and experience in interviews), what I thought would be emotionally draining and simply impossible for me to take on in the midst of my newest mess has become quite the opposite. I am uplifted and feel as confident, equipped, and qualified as ever to take on the awesome career opportunities I have found. With each interview, I have perfected my presentation skills and how I outline my work experience and education.

And...drumroll please...I have found some temporary, part-time work...and it's in marketing...and it's for a non-profit...more drumroll...and it's in the heart of downtown. I started yesterday and I will work there in the evenings while interviewing and job hunting during the day.

This morning, I had my first interview with a company, and it has landed in my top three. As soon as I returned home from the interview, I wrote out a thank-you card to my would-be boss/interviewer and dropped it in the mail. This excited me...I literally felt a surge of power and control run through my body. I am taking control of my future and doing everything I can to get to where I want to be. I am now leaving to head to my second interview with one of the three companies that I really want to get hired on with.

There is just an incredible amount of momentum built up around me, and it keeps increasing and increasing every day. Thank you, Lord, for this amazing strength only You can provide. I feel Your love surrounding me as each day goes by.

No comments:

Post a Comment