Thursday, July 1, 2010

How I know it's right...

Making the decision to relocate and change jobs was a huge one for me. But this is how I see it...

I saw an opportunity. I saw love staring me dead in the eyes, waiting for me to flinch. I saw life fluttering like a butterfly, tickling my nose, waiting for me to capture it. I saw my toes curling over the edge of the mountain I climbed while on the first leg of this journey....and, I saw myself leap.

And when I leaped, I didn't sit back idly and wait for the opportunity to fulfill itself. I dove right in, I made healthy choices to continue running and writing. I found a church; I didn't wait for God to find me. He spend 26 years trying to find me--it's time I start chasing Him. I made the decision; yes, I decided I was going to make the most of this relationship. I decided to be selfless, to be caring and sensitive, strong and resilient. I decided that if I was going to move 6 hours south to the beach, and find a job and make a life down here together...that I was going to do it.

I decided this unconsciously, and that makes me proud. It was natural for me to give of myself, to put God first, the love of my life second, and be content in the here and now. This is an obvious sign of my tremendous growth, and a sign that I am exactly where I am supposed to be.

I am blessed.

1 comment:

  1. quick question before I sign out...How did you like the beach? I to am thinking of moving with my bf to the east coast. I need some incite if you can help.

    ReplyDelete