Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Weekend Trip: The Good

Out
Friday night I spent time with an amazing guy, and had one of the best times in my entire life. Rooftop bars are my absolute favorite, and we hit the town and visited a few.










Out 2





















Saturday was a time for feasting! The neighbors of my dad and stepmom had an awesome cookout and invited our family. It was a time for excellent food and equally enjoyable conversation. I had to say a temporary goodbye to my raw food/juice diet, and said hello to the most amazing meal I've had in a long time!

IMG_1153
This was the site of our feast. Talk about a peaceful, lovely place to chat and chow down.












IMG_1158
And speaking of chowing down...smoked turkey and chicken that literally melted in my mouth. (No, this was not my plate!)














IMG_1160This was my plate. Baked beans, mashed potato salad (omg), corn and carrots (yea, veggies), coleslaw, mac 'n' cheese...and of course the smoked turkey and chicken.


IMG_1156
Our wonderful hosts had the sweetest pomeranian that kept us all smiling and on our toes (he likes to be right under you!)

No comments:

Post a Comment