Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Raw Budget

chicken stir fry Simple Chicken Stir-Fry
1/2 zucchini
1/4 white onion
1 chicken breast
a good amount of EVOO

I sauteed all of the above together (by the time I remembered the garlic it was too late!), added a side of avocado, and it was delish. However, I felt like a cheater for straying from my raw food adventure. And as delicious as this dish was, it wasn't any more good than my simply raw meals - and I had a bit of guilt attached. So...it's on with the raw!

I'm headed to the grocery store and it's going to be a challenge. I am on a very strict budget but trying to change my diet to as raw as possible (with the occassional fish and chicken thrown in). Is this possible? I am trying to map out my meals, which I am horrible at, so I know how many of what fruits and veggies to get for my daily juices. It's tough. I was thinking I could drink the same few juices everyday, but in a raw food blog I read that your body can become "allergic" to certain produce if you eat too much of it. Beats me. (or, beets me if I wanted to throw in a cheesy food joke!)

I am really wanting to push this juicing as far as I can go. I feel so certain that the boost of nutrients will boost my mood and energy, and help me on my road to feeling the best ever. And, I also enjoy trying new ways of doing things. This week's meals will be interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment