Friday, June 11, 2010

Filling my Days (and soul) with Delicious Food

I have been eating the most delicious meals. Introducing raw food into my diet is by far one of the best things I have chosen to do for myself. I have slimmed down and feel noticeably better. I can't put my finger on exactly what it is about this new me, but I just feel better and cleaner and lighter...if that makes any sense at all.

I have replaced my microwave with a juicer. I have replaced my coffee maker with a blender. I am on veggie and fruit overdrive, and I am loving it. I do want to be honest with you...in a moment of perceived starvation and serious cravings, I did cheat a few times and strayed from my diet. But, I immediately got back on track and I believe those cravings will weaken as the days and weeks go by.

Here are a few of my recent meals:

the spread
the taco














Grilled Salmon Tacos
I had been dreaming up this meal all during the day that I made it. I sauteed half of a green bell pepper and a quarter of a white onion with one clove of garlic and EVOO. I grilled one salmon filet and prepared one cup of whole grain rice. I sliced up lemon wedges and one avocado.

Then, I stuffed all of the above into 3 whole wheat tortillas and my mouth was in heaven! Oh, and the red stuff on top is salsa that I made from scratch! I blended together 1 cup of chopped tomato, one clove of garlic, one jalapeno (de-seeded), and the juice of one lime. So good!


breakfastBanana Breakfast "Pizza"
This meal was simply the combination of all of my favorite things. I sliced up one banana and placed the pieces on two halves of an english muffin that I had spread with Naturally More peanut butter. Then, I sprinkled cinnamon and a drizzle of raw honey on top. OMG - this was so, very good! I have eaten this breakfast "pizza" for a snack and for lunch and for dinner....I love it!




And then there are my juices.

The one pictured below is made with 6 carrots and 2 red apples. This has replaced my coffee each morning, and I feel terrific after drinking it.

carrot apple














Other juices from this week include:

Spinach Apple
one cup almond milk
2 cups spinach
2 green apples
small scoop of Naturally More PB

Spinach Banana
one cup almond milk
2 cups spinach
1 banana
small scoop Naturally More PB

Spinach Strawberry
one cup almond milk
one cup spinach
6 large strawberries

I have been consuming my weight in spinach! As you can see, I basically throw 2 or 3 ingredients into either my juicer, my blender, or sometimes both and I have an energizing power juice. Must-have ingredients for most all of my juices include peanut butter (Naturally More) and almond milk (Silk). Delish!

I'm already getting excited about tonight's dinner. I'm thinking of doing black bean and avocado roll-ups in whole wheat tortillas with a side of my homemade salsa and maybe some celery sticks with PB.

No comments:

Post a Comment