Friday, June 18, 2010

Life Changes

I am taking a BIG leap. Me and The Guy, my now boyfriend, have talked about the idea of me moving down to Port Aransas for the next few months. Well, we decided we are going to do it.

I am to the point where I am just needing a job, any job, where I can work full time while I am applying to copywriting jobs. I figure, why not work and live at the beach. I went out today to see what places were hiring, and I got a job. I start Monday.

I am excited to be working full time, because I have been applying and interviewing for a handful of months and have not found anything. The first hour I am job searching here, I find something. I'll be working at a souvenier shop within walking distance from my (new) place. The dress code is flip flops and tank tops, and I'll be making a whole lot more money than I was.

After the whole highway incident and unsuccessfully applying to jobs for several months, I just want a change of pace. I want to just "jump" into life head first, and just see what happens while I'm down here. I'm keeping my old place and mailing my rent to my landlord. Me and the BF are going to meet each other's families on Sunday. I will tell my dad and stepmom my plans while I am there. I talked to my boss today, and he was very understanding.

So....here I am. I know this all sounds crazy, but it just feels right. I emailed my counselor yesterday and told her "I feel it in my soul". This is where I want to be. I want a change of pace and to just enjoy life, relax, and do something that I won't be able to do down the road. And...I have someone to do all this with, who, as crazy as it sounds, I love and who loves me.

Life takes us in so many different directions, and right now I am loving where I am at.





No comments:

Post a Comment