Monday, June 14, 2010

I almost puked.

Due to my beach trip this week to see the guy, and the whole marathon-on-my-bucket-list thing, I decided to run with the training group today. Yes, I've run two days in a row, and I wanted to make it a third. I am loving this energy and upbeat attitude I am experiencing, and I want to make the most of it.

Let me tell you, I thought my runs the last two days were challenging. I was wrong. Today is the closest I've ever come to puking after (actually while) running. It was hot, and although I had my water belt, the pace of the group was grueling and there were a few moments when I thought I was going to lose my lunch.

The leader of the group I was in motivated me like no other, shouting "you're almost there", "it's all mental", and "just think how great you'll feel after". This was the first time I had ever met her, but I think I love her. I honestly don't think I could have finished without walking the rest of the way without her encouragement. And speaking of finishing...I finished dead last in the group, with my motivatin' mama just a few steps ahead of me still shouting. Whew. I must have looked like I was going to keel over because she told me to get some water and stand in the shade. I really was delirious.

3.1 miles in 39 minutes. I only push myself this hard when I run with the group, so I think I'm going to make this insane training a part of my routine once again. I did it in 2008 and it was the best I had ever felt in my entire life.

taco I came home, ate a new kind of whole wheat roll-up of black beans blended up with tomatoes and onion. I poured this salsa-like spread over spinach leaves and topped it with half of an avocado. It was quite filling, and this time I only ate two.








I still have the rest of my carrot apple juice in the fridge that I wasn't able to finish today. I drank so much water that I only had my juice this morning (almond milk, spinach, half of a banana, small scoop of peanut butter, and 5 strawberries) and my grilled salmon lunch (half of a salmon filet grilled in EVOO and a clove of garlic on a bed of spinach leaves marinated in a lemon-garlic dressing). If I get a late night hunger atrack, I'll finish off the juice.

rowdsI am already in bed at 8:30, showered up with a clean kitchen and my furry best friend relaxing beside me.

Thank you, Lord, for another beautiful day.




No comments:

Post a Comment