Friday, June 25, 2010

Best.Day.Ever.

I had one of the best experiences of my life yesterday...and I don't say that lightly.

Since I was a young girl, I loved the beach and was fascinated with marine life. As a teenager, my love for marine life grew, specifically for dolphins. I think they are the absolute most amazing creatures ever. I loved them so much, I got a dolphin tattoo when I was 19 (another story for another day).

I have only seen dolphins at Sea World and never had the chance to get up close with them. Until yesterday.

Even writing about this experience is making me giddy! The BF and I took the jet skis out in the bay about 6:30pm. We are just cruising along, and I see a fin up ahead! I'm freaking out because "I just saw a dolphin". Well, it gets better. Not only did I see one dolphin, I saw several groups of 5-10 swimming together and they got closer and closer. I saw a few jump out of the water, and at one point one was right next to me! I was FREAKING out. My jaw dropped open and stayed that way for a good 30 minutes. I even let out a few squeels...I felt like a kid! It was so amazing!

What a blessing! To be able to see my favorite thing up close and personal in its natural habitat is just the neatest experience ever. I will never forget this day and the genuine awe I felt.

Thank you, Lord, for your incredible creations and the emotions you give us to enjoy them.

No comments:

Post a Comment