Tuesday, May 25, 2010

It's my day off, and I'm eating vegetables.

Since I am only working part time at the moment, I spent my day off hanging out with Rowdy in the kitchen and un-cooking up some new meals. They were all very successful...except for one. Yuck! The thought of it makes my taste buds run for cover. After a smoothie-licious breakfast, my meals went as follows...

pesto pasta salad
Cilantro Pesto Pasta Salad
This is really just the left-overs of my cilantro pesto pasta - but it tastes even better cold!
I made the cilantro pesto with a clove of garlic, fresh-squeezed lime juice, a handful of pesto and a sprinkle of kosher salt.











new fave herbAnd speaking of cilantro...I'm loving it! I am putting it in everything. I read that it has a cleansing effect which excites me. Out with the old, in with the new!











green monsterI tried my hand at making a veggie juice. Cilantro + Celery + Cucumber = the green monster











I took a few sips and opted for a different meal...

the better monster the better monster
A berry smoothie made with a handful of blueberries and raspberries and a cup of almond milk. I drank it along side cucumber slices sprinkled with kosher salt and celery sticks dabbed with a bit of MaraNatha organic peanut butter. It all tasted much better than the green monster.










pb&j I ended my night with good ol' fashioned peanut butter and blackberry jelly on this delicious wheatberry bread.




















No comments:

Post a Comment