Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Simple Joy: Painting Furniture

I have said for as long as I can remember that I wanted to try my hand at re-doing furniture. Well, I finally did it. Actually, I finally started doing it. Here's the scoop.

I had a piece of furniture I inherited from my great-grandparents, and it needed a bit of updating. Looking at this piece brings back memories of watching television with my grandparents - this served as the t.v. stand in their den. I love it because of the story behind it, but have to say I'm a bit embarassed by it's "old school" look. My vision for this piece is for it to look "shabby-chic, rustic red". So far, I have sanded the piece and painted it with it's first coat of fire-engine red paint. Here are a couple of "before" photos.

beforefurniture2beforefurniture

It felt good to finally try out something I had wanted to do for so long. The sanding and painting took place the afternoon before the bad drinking night I had (read about it here). I want to forget that night and remember the good, healthy things I did on that day, which included working on this piece of furniture.

More photos to come as the furniture remodel continues!

No comments:

Post a Comment