Monday, April 19, 2010

In the Wake of Heartache

I had a rough weekend. On Wednesday, I found out my ex-fiance, who I was still in contact with (intimately) up until July 2009 is now married, with a 2-year old stepdaughter and a kid on the way (read about it here). They knew each other for five months, then got married. Something doesn't add up with the timeline, but whatever. Either this was a whirlwind romance or a shotgun wedding, regardless, it still hurts.

But I got to thinking Saturday night, am I the only one who has ever had to deal with the pain of an ex moving on? Surely, there is at least one other person out of the 8 billion people in the world who has had to deal with this heartache and survived. Unless a person married their high school sweetheart, which is about 2% of the population, it is a regular occurence to deal with the same pain I am experiencing...or should I say, was experiencing.

Yes, you heard me right. The "new" me is shining bright, and I've got to say that I don't mind bragging about it one bit. Maybe it's the increase in my medication, or maybe I've just grown up a little as I travel this journey I am on - either way...I am okay. I am okay being single, I am okay without the love from a member of the opposite sex (read about my love revelation here). I am okay. Not only am I okay, but I am taking giant leaps forward, leaps I have never taken before. I am releasing my pain through reading and writing, and therefore, my pain is being transformed into creativity and insight. Furthermore, I am relying on God to pull me through this tough time in my life.

I think this is what it feels like to be an adult.

No comments:

Post a Comment