Sunday, March 28, 2010

Simple Joy: Pancake Breakfast

This morning I relived one of the fondest memories of my childhood - eating plate-sized pancakes covered in butter and sugar!

When I was a kid, and teenager, visits to my great-grandparents always included a breakfast with "hotcakes" and coffee milk. Pap-pa would make me one huge pancake the size of my plate, and with what was left of the batter he would make me a few quarter-sized pancakes. I was super skinny when I was younger and was always trying to gain weight (how times have changed!). So, I would eat my hotcake breakfast and immediately go into Mam-ma's bathroom and weigh myself on her scale, hoping I had gained at least a pound!

It's neat how something as simple as eating pancakes can make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside, and bring me a little piece of joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment