Sunday, February 28, 2010

Is anybody out there?


Well....I haven't written any posts because I'm not so sure anybody is actually reading this thing. But, I started this blog in the beginning of my journey of truly healing, for the purpose of documenting my blessings and the ride of life...my life. So, whether anyone is reading or not, I will keep posting for myself, and hope to attract some visitors.

circumstance.With that being said, my journey is going well. For a change. And the change is nothing more than my putting into action what I've longed for for years - family, friends, faith, hope, thankfulness. When I really sit down and think about it, not much about "my situation" has changed - except my outlook, my attitude, and my actions.

I heard on the radio this morning a quote..."You can't change the past, but you can ruin the present by fearing the future." So true...and so much of what I do. I've been so busy regretting the past, being upset about the past, hating my past, that I have let it affect my present life and certainly my future. But, no more! I am feeling content with my life, and as weird as it sounds, even to me, that scares me.

It scares me to "be happy"...because I have never felt it before. I thought I felt it by things and people I was surrounding myself with, but that just did the opposite of what I was trying to achieve. So now, there is just me - by "just me" I mean God. There is God, and He is what I am putting all of my faith and hope and energy into. And...I am content. My journey will be long and tough, but I am content - right now, right here, the present.

2 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful post. Thank you for sending me this link.

    PC

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm out here!!! I love this post too and I'm so glad I finally found my mini-me's blog... I have read ALL the posts AND have become a follower! I am ready to comment more than you could possibly want me too. You are an awesome writer... very readable, very "real" and I am certain there is a book inside of you somewhere.

    ReplyDelete