Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Ready to Run

I have one little task on my to-do list that I have been putting off...and putting off.....and, well you get the idea. And...surprisingly it's the one thing that I have been so dedicated to keeping up with - working out...specifically running!

Just a year ago, I was at the 20 mile mark for my marathon training. I completed a half marathon in mid-November, ran 16 miles on Thanksgiving Day, and was set to run 20 miles with the training group in the beginning of December. Then, I just got burnt out - which is understable by non-runners, and totally unacceptable by fellow marathon trainees. I continued to work out and run leisurely, but not with the same consistency and longevity as when I was training.

So, 2010 is my marathon year. I'd like to wait until the weather warms up around March to begin training again with the group. But, I will begin my indoor training runs again on the treadmill - bright and early before work as I had come to (strangely) enjoy.

The time is NOW to get back in the swing of running...for miles, and miles, and miles!

No comments:

Post a Comment